COVID-19 Goodwill Policy
REFUND AND CANCELATION POLICIES STATED HERE SUPERSEDE ALL POLICIES STATED IN PREVIOUS VERSIONS OF THIS POLICY.
- If you wish to cancel, please send an email to [email protected] with your request and we will process the request as quickly as possible.
- Please DO NOT call us first.
- IMPORTANT! If you decide to come for your reservation, you must abide by all County and State Shelter-in-Place regulations during your entire stay unless those restrictions are lifted during your stay.
Good Will Credit Options
Please see our updates to Refund and Credit Policies for details about how our policies have evolved.
We offer standard travel protection insurance through nationwide to cover illness, needing to remain at work, and other unique reasons. These can be purchased up until final payment is made and must be purchased at least 30 days prior to arrival. Please consider the insurance if you are concerned about being able to come for your reservation.
For reservation arrivals between May 16-31:
We will continue to monitor the guidelines and local government orders and will notify you no less than 5 days in advance of your arrival if we need to cancel your reservation due to local restrictions that prevent us from hosting you. If we do cancel your reservation due to this, you will receive a full refund.
For reservation arrivals between June 1 – Sept 5:
Until the final payment is charged for your reservation (it will be charged 30 days prior to arrival), you will have the following options:
1. Cancel and forfeit your deposit (normal contract terms).
2. Cancel your reservation for a 100% credit of your deposit that can be used against a future reservation at any one of our homes or condos.
- This credit can be used for reservations of any length (reservation must meet minimum night requirements for that period).
- Credit must be used for a reservation that ends within 365 days from your original reservation departure date.
- If you take this credit, we will not collect the final payment at this time. It will be due 60 days prior to your rescheduled arrival per our normal terms.
- Reservations made through HomeAway/VRBO you will continue to get requests for payment but you can ignore these. We will contact all Arrivals at the 30-day mark to confirm your reservation and request payment at that time.
- Reservation made through Airbnb we cannot change the payment due date, and payment will still be due at 60 days prior to arrival. We unfortunately cannot alter payment dates in Airbnb as those are locked in at time of booking according to the contract terms.
Once final payment is collected, the reservation is non-refundable and non-changeable.
For ALL other reservation arrivals:
As a reminder you can reschedule your vacation anytime prior to final payment for a reservation that ends within 365 days from your original reservation departure date.
We are cautiously optimistic that restrictions will be lifted and recreational vacations to our area will be allowed by summer, but if you know that you will not be able to travel or will not be comfortable traveling this summer, PLEASE cancel your reservation as soon as you reach a decision to allow us to possibly rent the home to someone else. Your cooperation with this is greatly appreciated.
THE OFFICE IS CLOSED and our staffing reduced:
- Please email us with questions or regarding your decision for existing reservations.
- If you need to speak with us, please call our office and leave a message, we will return your call as soon as possible but please allow up to 24 hours.
- Saturday and Sunday, we can only respond to issues from our guests currently in our homes.
NO RETROACTIVE ADJUSTMENTS:
- As our policies change to meet the current situation, all adjustments, partial refunds or credits issued for non-refundable payments are final and will be based on the current policies in place when you request the cancelation or credit.
- There will be no retroactive adjustments made as policies evolve in the future. Please keep this in mind as you decide what you want to do with your future reservation.
- We are updating our refund policy weekly as the situation develops, please be patient if your reservation falls beyond the dates we are currently offering full refunds.
- Please do not file a chargeback request to recover your money. If you should file a dispute with your credit card provider resulting in a chargeback either before or after accepting one of our goodwill options, we will challenge the chargeback and enforce our contract terms. Any goodwill credit provided under our special terms will be canceled or the offer of it withdrawn if a dispute is opened by a guest with the credit card provider.
- For all reservations that include travel insurance, under the terms of the contract any cancelations MUST submit a claim with their insurance provider PRIOR to any consideration of a Goodwill credit from URelax Vacation Rentals. You must cancel your reservation prior to being able to make a claim with your insurer.
RESERVATION MADE ON OTAs (HOMEAWAY/VRBO OR AIRBNB): If changes are requested for a reservation made on these venues, we will cancel the reservation and the net funds received from the OTA will be applied to your new direct reservation made with us. The payments applied are not refundable and the new reservation is non-cancellable. Final payments will be collected directly by us when due. Service fees from these OTAs may not be refundable and the decision on the refund of service fees is up to these providers.
NOTE: If your reservation was made on AIRBNB or VRBO and we have canceled your reservation you must contact them if you have any questions about receiving the refund in your account. We understand that processing is slow due to the volume of cancelations. We have been advised that refunds from the OTAs are delayed up to 30 days, but unfortunately have no way to intervene and make it happen quicker. If you have waited as long as you can, please contact these companies directly for the status of your refund.
RESERVATIONS BOOKED AFTER MARCH 14, 2020:
Reservations made after March 14, 2020 will not be covered by any changes to our COVID-19 policy and fall under our normal cancellation and contract terms. After the declaration of COVID-19 as a global pandemic by the World Health Organization, COVID-19 and its consequences are no longer unforeseen or unexpected. Travelers making a reservation now assume the risk associated with choosing to book travel accommodations.
Our policy for full refunds and credits evolved along with the situation. We promised on March 17 to keep our guests updated weekly about our policy and changes, and have sent email updates to our guests every Monday. We continued to offer our guests full refunds for reservations with arrivals on or before May 15, 2020 and offered guests the option to take a full credit towards a future stay if they did not want to travel in the coming months. As preparations are made to lift the shelter in place orders and to slowly re-open areas of the county our policies have updated to reflect our optimism that visitors will be welcomed back to the area very soon. With this in mind, we ended our full refund and good will credit options on May 5.
Update on current status of COVID-19 in San Luis Obispo County
As of May 20, there were 247 cases of COVID-19 in SLO County with 222 of those fully recovered. Most state and county parks remain closed as well as all beach parking lots. For updates on COVID-19 in SLO County: Visit ReadySLO.org
What we are doing to protect you
Our team is committed to providing clean and safe homes for our guests and owners each and every stay. We have purchased fogging and spraying equipment as well as a disinfectant product that is certified as “green” for disinfecting the homes. This will enable us to disinfect soft surfaces such as couches, bed coverings and rugs. In addition, we continue to ask all of our housekeepers to follow the CDC guidelines along with the specific recommendations given by one of our trade affiliations “The Housekeepers of America” for cleaning and disinfecting the homes to protect our guests to the best of our ability. These guidelines state that all frequently touched surfaces should be cleaned and disinfected with an approved product for killing Coronaviruses. This includes all door knobs, light switches, TV remotes, bathroom faucets and toilets, kitchen appliances and all other frequently touched surfaces. We will also wash all towels and linens in hot water with disinfecting laundry soap.
We really appreciate how much cooperation we have received from all of you as we work through these very challenging times! Stay safe and healthy! Thank you for continuing to work with us to achieve the best outcome possible for our guests and our community.